|Cubed cooked beef/Veal /lamb roast /pot roast||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Canned beef gravy||11 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Canned peas||1 Pound (1 Can)|
|Onions||6 , peeled and halved|
|White turnips||2 , pared and quartered|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Thyme leaf||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Celery stalks||2 , sliced in 1-inch lengths|
|Tomatoes||2 , cut in wedges|
1. In a large heavy frying pan, brown meat in butter or margarine, stir in gravy and liquid from peas and heat to boil.
2. Around the meat arrange onions and turnips, sprinkle with salt, thyme and pepper.
3. Cover and cook for 10 minutes, then add celery and cook 10 minutes longer such that vegetables are tender.
4. Stir in peas arrange tomatoes on the top and sprinkle with sugar.
5. Cover and cook for 5 minutes longer.
6. Serve over buttered hot noodles, if desired.