French Vegetable Soup
|Fresh basil leaves||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||3 Tablespoon, grated|
|Walnuts||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Defatted chicken stock||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Canned tomatoes||28 Ounce, chopped (1 Can)|
|Canned white beans||1 Cup (16 tbs), washed and drained|
|Green beans||4 Ounce, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces|
1) Put the basil, Parmesan, walnuts, garlic and oil in a food processor and puree the ingredients together.
2) Keep the mixture aside.
3) Place a 3-quart saucepan over moderate-high heat and bring the stock, carrots and tomatoes to a boil.
4) Bring the heat down to medium and gently simmer for about 15 minutes.
5) Add the green beans and white beans and simmer for about 4 minutes.
6) Add the vermicelli and simmer for about 5 more minutes.
7) Add the basil mixture into the pan and stir well.
8) Serve as preferred.