|Processed american cheese||1⁄2 Pound|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Dash|
1. Heat oven to slow (325° F.).
2. Slice or break the cheese into small pieces.
3. In a saucepan melt the butter or margarine and combine adding flour.
4. Add the milk and cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens.
5. Add the salt and cayenne, then the cheese and stir until cheese melts.
6. Remove from heat.
7. In a bowl beat the egg yolks, add and slightly cool the mixture.
8. In another bowl beat the egg whites until stiff then pour the cheese mixture slowly onto the beaten egg whites, cutting and folding until thoroughly blended.
9. Pour the mixture into an ungreased 2 quart casserole.
10. Run the tip of a teaspoon around the mixture, 1 inch from the edge, making a slight indentation all around to form the top hat effect.
11. Bake for 1 to 1 1/4 hours.
12. Serve with garnish as desired.