Simple Bearnaise Sauce
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Parsley flakes||1 Teaspoon|
1. In a small (2 cup or 1 quart) microwaveable casserole, bowl or measure, combine the onion and vinegar.
2. Heat in the microwave for about 2 minutes until the onion is limp and vinegar had reduced.
3. Add the egg yolks, whisking with a fork to blend well and prevent them from becoming lumpy.
4. Return to the microwave and cook sauce for another 1 minute, stirring after 1/2 a minute, until the sauce is thick.
5. Stir in the butter and cook another 1 minute, stirring once, until sauce is bubbly.
6. Strain the sauce through a fine meshed strainer to get a velvety smooth consistency.
7. Stir in the parsley.
6. Serve this sauce warm with fish, shell fish cocktails or souffles if you like or use as a dipping sauce.