Low Fat French Toast
|Italian bread slice/French bread slice||2 , cut slightly on the diagonal, about 1 inch thick|
|Egg beaters||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Equals 1 Egg)|
|Skim milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Dash|
|Grated nutmeg||1 Pinch|
1. In a small shallow dish, combine all ingredients except bread and whisk lightly with a fork until blended.
2. Add the bread to egg mixture and let soak and for a minute
3. Turn slices over and soak on the other side till all the egg mixture as been absorbed.
4. In the mean time, grease a non-stick pan with cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
5. Carefully slide the bread slices into the pan and cook on both sides until golden brown and crispy. Use a pancake turner to flip over.
6. Transfer to a serving plate and serve hot, sprinkled with confectioner's sugar, or with fruit preserves, or maple syrup if you like.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 119 Calories from Fat 3
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.7 g1.1%
Saturated Fat 0.31 g1.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1.2 mg0.4%
Sodium 184.5 mg7.7%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.84 g3.4%
Sugars 3.2 g
Protein 10 g20.7%
Vitamin A 15.6% Vitamin C 2.2%
Calcium 9.3% Iron 10.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet