Low Fat French Toast
|Italian bread slice/French bread slice||2 , cut slightly on the diagonal, about 1 inch thick|
|Egg beaters||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Equals 1 Egg)|
|Skim milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Dash|
|Grated nutmeg||1 Pinch|
1. In a small shallow dish, combine all ingredients except bread and whisk lightly with a fork until blended.
2. Add the bread to egg mixture and let soak and for a minute
3. Turn slices over and soak on the other side till all the egg mixture as been absorbed.
4. In the mean time, grease a non-stick pan with cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
5. Carefully slide the bread slices into the pan and cook on both sides until golden brown and crispy. Use a pancake turner to flip over.
6. Transfer to a serving plate and serve hot, sprinkled with confectioner's sugar, or with fruit preserves, or maple syrup if you like.