How To Make Sweet Bread Filled With Pastry Cream
|Warm milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Melted butter||5 Tablespoon|
|Granulated sugar||5 Tablespoon|
|Dry yeast||1⁄4 Ounce|
|White flour||500 Gram, approximately (You might need more or less depending on your dough consistency)|
|For pastry cream:|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|White flour||1 Tablespoon|
|For the outside coat:|
|Sweetened condensed milk||190 Gram|
|Coconut milk||190 Gram|
|Unsweetened shredded coconut||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. For the bread: In a blender, add the warm milk, melted butter, eggs, sugar and salt and blend.
3. Pour the mix into a bowl and add the dry yeast. Make sure the mix is still a little warm so that the dry yeast can be activated.
4. Add 2 cups of flour in a little at a time and combine to reach a dry dough consistency.
5. Sprinkle some flour on a dry surface and place the dough over it. Sprinkle some more flour over the top and start kneading the dough until it is not sticky anymore.
6. Roll into balls and place on a baking tray that is sprinkled with flour. Set aside to let the bread rise.
7. Once it rises, pop into the oven for 25 minutes. Make sure it doesn't brown.
8. For the pastry cream: Combine milk and heavy cream in a saucepan along with the seeds from the vanilla bean. Add the vanilla beans as well.
9. Over medium heat, bring the mix to a boil. Once it starts to boil, turn off the stove and put on a lit to let the milk infuse the flavors.
10. In a bowl, add the egg yolks and sugar and whisk until pale yellow.
11. Add the flour and cornstarch and mix until incorporated.
12. Add a little bit of the egg yolk mix into the infused hot milk mix and temper. Temper the rest of the egg yolks mix the same way.
13. Place the pan back on the stove while whisking constantly. Once it starts to boil, turn off the heat.
14. Transfer the cream to another bowl to cool.
15. Make an ice bath with ice cubes in a big bowl. Place the bowl with the cream over it and stir very slowly until cool.
16. Once cooled, cover with a plastic wrap. Bring the wrap down to the mix so that a skin doesn't form over the top. Place in the refrigerator to cool.
17. Remove from the refrigerator and fill the cream into a pastry bag. Remove excess air from the bag and twist.
18. Make a hole in the breads with a parring knife. Fill in the bread with the cream.
19. Do this when the bread is still warm.
20. In a small bowl, combine the condensed milk and coconut milk.
21. Dump the stuffed bread in the bowl and coat with the shredded coconut.
22. Plate and serve. The stuffed breads taste better the next day.