|Butter||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Onions||2 , peeled and thinly sliced|
|Chicken stock||3 1⁄2 Pint (2 Liters)|
|Young carrots||2 Pound, peeled and sliced into thin rounds (1 Kilogram, Small Size)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Long-grain rice||3 Tablespoon|
|Long grain rice||3 Tablespoon|
|Double cream||4 Fluid Ounce (120 Milliliter)|
1) In a heavy pan melt half the butter. Fry onions gently for 5 minutes until soft.
2) Stir in stock and add carrots. Bring to the boil.
3) Reduce heat, add salt and pepper, then simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
4) Add rice and simmer for a 30 minutes until the rice is tender.
5) Using an electric blender work the soup through the fine blade of a moulilegumes (vegetable mill) or puree.
6) Transfer soup to the rinsed-out pan.
7) Add cream and remaining butter, stir to mix. Reheat for a few minutes.
8) Adjust seasoning.
9) Pour soup in a warmed soup tureen and serve immediately.