Mini-Coffee Chilled Souffles
|Unflavored gelatin||1⁄2 Ounce|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Instant coffee powder||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Take a 2 1/2 quart saucepan and combine in it 1/2 cup sugar, gelatin, salt and coffee powder.
2) Take a bowl and beat egg yolks with milk in it. Add to the gelatin mixture.
3) Simmer over low heat for about 10-12 minutes or until gelatin dissolves and mixture turns slightly thick.
4) Remove from heat and add vanilla.
5) Chill. Keep stirring occasionally until mixture begins to mound slightly when dropped from spoon.
6) Take 4 or 6 ounce goblets or stemmed glasses and place double stripes of aluminum foil around the tops, extending 1 inch above the rim.
7) Take a bowl and beat egg whites in it until stiff peaks form.
8) Gradually add the remaining sugar. Beat until stiff.
9) Fold in gelatin mixture.
10) Fold in whipped cream and walnuts.
11) Spoon into the prepared goblets or glasses. Chill until firm.
12) Remove foil. serve.