Mini-Coffee Chilled Souffles
|Unflavored gelatin||1⁄2 Ounce|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Instant coffee powder||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Take a 2 1/2 quart saucepan and combine in it 1/2 cup sugar, gelatin, salt and coffee powder.
2) Take a bowl and beat egg yolks with milk in it. Add to the gelatin mixture.
3) Simmer over low heat for about 10-12 minutes or until gelatin dissolves and mixture turns slightly thick.
4) Remove from heat and add vanilla.
5) Chill. Keep stirring occasionally until mixture begins to mound slightly when dropped from spoon.
6) Take 4 or 6 ounce goblets or stemmed glasses and place double stripes of aluminum foil around the tops, extending 1 inch above the rim.
7) Take a bowl and beat egg whites in it until stiff peaks form.
8) Gradually add the remaining sugar. Beat until stiff.
9) Fold in gelatin mixture.
10) Fold in whipped cream and walnuts.
11) Spoon into the prepared goblets or glasses. Chill until firm.
12) Remove foil. serve.
Calories 449 Calories from Fat 273
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.8%
Saturated Fat 16.3 g81.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 195 mg65%
Sodium 153 mg6.4%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.42 g1.7%
Sugars 29.2 g
Protein 10 g20.1%
Vitamin A 21.5% Vitamin C 0.74%
Calcium 15% Iron 5.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet