|Dried porcini mushrooms||1 Ounce|
|Defatted chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Olive oil||6 Tablespoon (Use More If Needed)|
|Prosciutto||4 Ounce, thinly sliced, coarsely chopped|
|Coarsely chopped onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Finely chopped garlic||2 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped shallots||2 Tablespoon|
|White mushrooms||1 Pound, stems trimmed, wiped clean and sliced|
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Chickens||6 Pound, each cut into 8 serving pieces, trimmed of wing tips, rinsed, excess fat removed, and patted dry (2 Whole, 3 Pound Each)|
|Brandy||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canned plum tomatoes||28 Ounce, lightly crushed, with their juices (1 Can)|
|Chopped flat leaf parsley||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) In a bowl with hot chicken broth, soak the porcini mushrooms for 1 hour. Drain, chop the porcini and reserve the liquid.
2) In a large non-stick skillet, saute the porcini and prosciutto in the 3 tablespoons heated olive oil on medium heat for 5 minutes.
3) Stir in the onion, garlic, and shallots, then saute for another 5 minutes.
4) Stir in the sliced mushrooms and cook for about 10 minutes, until wilted.
5) In a bowl, mix the flour, paprika, salt, and pepper together. Then coat the chicken in the mixture, shaking off the excess flour.
6) In a large heavy pot, saute the chicken in 3 tablespoons olive oil over a medium-high heat, for about 3 minutes per side, until lightly browned. Saute in batches, adding more oil if required, then turn off the heat.
7) In a small saucepan, heat the brandy and pour over the chicken. Flame the brandy and shake the pot until the flame subsides.
8) Stir in the mushroom mixture and tomatoes with their juices. Then partially cover and simmer over a medium-low heat for 10 minutes.
9) Stir the parsley, adjust the seasonings and simmer for another 30 minutes until the chicken is tender and thoroughly cooked.
10) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.
Calories 1940 Calories from Fat 1161
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 129 g199.1%
Saturated Fat 33.6 g167.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 530.5 mg176.8%
Sodium 1814.5 mg75.6%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.2%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.3%
Sugars 9.2 g
Protein 143 g286.9%
Vitamin A 79.3% Vitamin C 111%
Calcium 18.5% Iron 51%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet