French Onion Pie
|9 inch pastry shell||1 , unbaked|
|Canned french fried onions||3 1⁄2 Ounce (2 Cups, 1 Can)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sharp process american cheese||2 Ounce, shredded to make 1/2 cup|
|Sharp process american cheese||4 Ounce, shredded to make1 cup|
1) Preheat oven to 450°F before baking.
2) Bake pastry shell for about 7 to 8 minutes in preheated oven till golden.
3) Lower oven temperature to 325°F.
4) Fill the bottom of pastry with 1 1/2 cups of French-fried onions when it is still warm.
5) Whip eggs slightly.
6) Pour in milk, the 1/2 cup shredded American cheese, salt, and cayenne.
7) Add this mixture over French-fried onions and then top with 1 cup shredded American cheese.
8) Again bake for 45 minutes in preheated oven and then surround the edge of pie with remaining onions.
9) Continue baking for about 5 to 10 minutes more until a knife comes out clean when inserted just off-center.
10) Keep standing for 10 minutes at room temperature.
11) Serve warm.