|Carrots||4 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Onion||1 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Beef consomme||1 Quart|
|Pasta rings||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Catelli)|
1) In a large saucepan, heat butter and sauté carrots and onion in it for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
2) Mix in consommé and allow the mixture to come to a boil.
3) Simmer it for 15 minutes and then strain by passing the vegetables through sieve.
4) Stir in rings and the cook the mixture for 8 minutes more.
5) Adjust seasonings and serve hot at once after garnishing with croutons.
Calories 162 Calories from Fat 56
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.8%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.1 mg5.4%
Sodium 145 mg6%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g5%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.4%
Sugars 5.1 g
Protein 12 g23.5%
Vitamin A 207.6% Vitamin C 12.4%
Calcium 3.4% Iron 1.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet