|Carrots||4 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Onion||1 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Beef consomme||1 Quart|
|Pasta rings||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Catelli)|
1) In a large saucepan, heat butter and sauté carrots and onion in it for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
2) Mix in consommé and allow the mixture to come to a boil.
3) Simmer it for 15 minutes and then strain by passing the vegetables through sieve.
4) Stir in rings and the cook the mixture for 8 minutes more.
5) Adjust seasonings and serve hot at once after garnishing with croutons.