Thai Coconut Ratatouille
|Small eggplants||12 Ounce, unpeeled, cut into 1/2-inch dice (Japanese Or Italian)|
|Coarse salt||2 Teaspoon|
|Chicken broth||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), deafatted (Homemade)|
|Green beans||4 Ounce, sliced french style on the diagonal|
|Green cabbage||8 Ounce, shredded 1/2 inch wide|
|Onion||1 Medium, coarsely chopped|
|Ginger||2 Tablespoon, peeled, minced|
|Garlic||2 Tablespoon, minced|
|Lemongrass||1 Tablespoon, thinly sliced|
|Cilantro||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Ripe banana||2 Cup (32 tbs), diced 1/4 inch|
|Plum tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), coarsely chopped, seeded|
|Coconut milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cilantro leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Rice||6 Cup (96 tbs), hot cooked|
|Toasted coconut||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Serunding Or Spiced)|
1. In a large mixing bowl, toss eggplants in 1 teaspoon salt.
2. Let it stand for 15 minutes until the eggplants releases water.
3. Rinse and pat dry on paper towels.
4. In a large pot, heat chicken broth over medium heat.
5. Add eggplants to the broth and cook for 5 minutes.
6. Add green beans, cabbage, onion, ginger, garlic, lemongrass, cilantro stems, and remaining 1 teaspoon salt.
7. Cover and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
8. Add banana, tomatoes, and coconut milk.
9. Simmer uncovered for another 10 minutes.
10. Remove the pot from heat and add cilantro leaves.
11. In 8 shallow soup bowls, serve equal quantity of rice.
12. Spoon vegetables on top of the rice.
13. Garnish each serving with serunding.
14. Serve immediately.
Calories 775 Calories from Fat 141
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g25.1%
Saturated Fat 13.8 g69.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 555.7 mg23.2%
Total Carbohydrates 144 g47.9%
Dietary Fiber 8.1 g32.6%
Sugars 17.3 g
Protein 14 g28.9%
Vitamin A 8.6% Vitamin C 40%
Calcium 7.8% Iron 17.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet