French Apple Flan
|9 inch pastry shells||2 (Uncooked)|
|Flour||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water/1 tablespoon sugar mixture||1 Tablespoon|
|Tart apples||3 Large, thinly sliced|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a greased flan pan, place a pie shell and arrange a layer of sliced apples around the shell.
3) In a bowl, mix the sugar and flour together, then sprinkle over the apples.
4) Cover with another pie shell and press the edges together.
5) Glaze the top with water and sugar mixture.
6) Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes.
7) Slice and serve warm or at room temperature.