Microwave French Onion Soup
|Onions||3 Medium, thinly sliced and separated into rings|
|Beef broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Plain croutons||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Shredded swiss cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In a microwaveable casserole, place the onions and butter or margarine.
2. Cover the casserole and place it in the microwave.
3. In the microwave, cook the onions on 100 per cent power or High for 6 to 8 minutes, till the onion is very tender, stirring once in between.
4. Take the casserole out of the microwave, and add the beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, and pepper
5. Mix everything well together.
6. Cover the casserole and place it back in the microwave.
7. In the microwave, cook the mixture on High for 4 to 6 minutes more, till it is heated through.
8. Serve sprinkled with croutons and shredded cheese.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 972 Calories from Fat 501
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 57 g87.8%
Saturated Fat 35.6 g178.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 163.9 mg54.6%
Sodium 1959.1 mg81.6%
Total Carbohydrates 76 g25.3%
Dietary Fiber 11.3 g45.2%
Sugars 28.2 g
Protein 43 g86.8%
Vitamin A 33.3% Vitamin C 77.3%
Calcium 104.9% Iron 17.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet