Triple Cheese Souffle
|Cheese||6 Ounce, shredded (1 1/2 Cup)|
|Butter/Margarine||6 Tablespoon (3/4 Stick)|
|Flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Onion powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Hot red pepper seasoning||2 Drop (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
1) Preheat the oven to 325° F.
2) In an ungreased 6-cup souffle or straight-side baking dish make a 3-inch stand-up collar with a foil.
3) In a medium saucepan, melt the butter or margarine. Stir in the flour, salt and onion powder, stir continuously and cook until the mixture bubbles for 1 minute.
4) Stir in the milk and red-pepper seasoning, stir and cook until the mixture thickens and bubbles for 1 minute;
5) Stir in the grated cheeses until melted, then allow the mixture to cool.
6) In a large bowl, beat the egg whites until they form soft peaks.
7) In a small bowl, beat the egg yolks, then gradually beat in the cooled cheese sauce until well blended.
8) Fold this mixture into the beaten egg whites, then pour into the prepared dish and make a deep circle in the center.
9) Bake in the preheated oven for 75 minutes or until puffy, firm and golden.
10) Slice and serve immediately on individual serving plates.