|All purpose flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon, melted|
1. In a large bowl, break in the eggs
2. Use a wire whisk to beat them until the yolks and whites are well blended.
3. Spoon in the flour sifted with salt alternately adding milk and beat lightly but thoroughly until you get a smooth batter.
4. Blend in 1 tablespoon of the melted butter or margarine.
5. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours, or preferably overnight.
6. Heat an 8-inch, preferably non-stick skillet or and electric crepe maker.
7. To test whether pan is hot enough, sprinkle on a few drops of water on it. The drops should bounce about.
8. Lightly grease the pan with a little butter or margarine.
9. Using a measuring cup, pour about 1/4 cup of the batter, into the pan, and swirl the pan quickly to spread the batter evenly and cover bottom of pan.
10. Allow the crepe to cook for 1 to 2 minutes just until the bottom is very lightly browned and the top is set.
11. Loosen sides with a spatula and flip the pancake over and brown for another 1-2 minutes.
12. Remove crepe onto a muslin cloth.
13. Repeat making more crepes with the remaining batter, greasing the pan with butter and regulating the temperature of the pan.
14. Serve the crepe warm, plain, preserves or honey or stuff them with a sweet or savory filling and serve as a dessert.
Calories 151 Calories from Fat 70
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.2%
Saturated Fat 4.1 g20.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 120.3 mg40.1%
Sodium 212.4 mg8.9%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.42 g1.7%
Sugars 2.2 g
Protein 6 g12%
Vitamin A 5.7% Vitamin C
Calcium 5.9% Iron 6.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet