This cooking method is fast and makes for a delicious and moist roast beef!
3 Pound (3 - 4 Lb, Ball-tip, Tri-tip)
2 Tablespoon (Drizzled as needed on the beef before searing)
1. Using paper towel, dab any moisture off of the meat.
2. Drizzle both sides of the meat with olive oil, rubbing it in well.
3. Season meat generously with kosher salt and black pepper.
4. Preheat oven to 425 ̊ F.
5. Heat a large saute pan on the stove over medium-high heat.
6. Place meat in pan to let it sear. Don't move the meat for a minute or two.
7. Once the roast has nicely browned on one side, turn it over to the second side and let it sear for another 2 minutes.
8. Once the second side is done, turn off the heat and place the pan along with the seared meat in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes.
9. Using an instant-read thermometer, take the internal temperature of the meat. (130 degrees - medium rare cooked). Let sit in the pan for about 15 minutes. As the meat rests, the temperature of the meat will continue to rise a few degrees.
10. Place the meat on a carving board and slice.
Confused about what to serve as main course for an upcoming dinner party? Then watch this video and learn of a special recipe that everyone is bound to love and remember for a very long time. Watch now to know more!