Blueberry French Toast Brunch: Easy Entertaining
|Bread slices||10 (Sour Dough Bread / White Bread / any kind of your choice)|
|Cream cheese||6 Ounce (Light / Full Fat)|
|Fresh blueberries/Frozen blueberries||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||6 Medium, beaten|
|Vanilla yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Light / any kind of your choice)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1. Prepare a large casserole dish by spraying it with cooking spray. Cut 5 slices of the bread into small cubes. Place as a bottom layer in the dish.
2. Cut cream cheese into small cubes and sprinkle on top of bread.
3. Sprinkle blueberries evenly over the top of the cream cheese layered bread cubes.
4. Slice remaining 5 slices of bread and place on top of the blueberries.
5. In a bowl or a large measuring cup combine eggs, vanilla yogurt and whisk together.
6. To this egg mixture, add milk, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in a bowl or large measuring cup and whisk until smooth.
7. Pour egg mixture over bread, pushing gently with the back of a spoon or a flat whisk so all the bread pieces are coated well. Cover with foil or seran wrap and refrigerate overnight.
8. Remove from refrigerator 15 minutes before baking. Cover with foil and bake in 350 F oven for 30 minutes.
9. After 30 minutes, remove from the oven, take the foil off and bake 15-20 minutes more until golden brown.
10. Serve the Blueberry French Toast with a sprinkle of powdered sugar and warmed maple syrup along with some cooked turkey sausages.
This dish can be put together the night before, refrigerated and baked 30 minutes before serving.
2. Seran wrap or foil
Calories 366 Calories from Fat 144
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g25.1%
Saturated Fat 7.6 g38%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 219.2 mg73.1%
Sodium 428.7 mg17.9%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.2%
Dietary Fiber 3 g11.9%
Sugars 18.9 g
Protein 13 g26.1%
Vitamin A 12.1% Vitamin C 4%
Calcium 16.1% Iron 12.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet