Heary Beef Burgundy
|Ground beef||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Soft bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1 Slice)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Small white onions||1 Pound, peeled|
|Small mushrooms||1 Pound, trimmed|
|All purpose flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), sifted|
|Condensed beef broth||10 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Dry red wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Carrot||1 Medium, pared, sliced|
1) Take a large bowl and mix together ground beef, egg, bread crumbs, milk, 1 teaspoon of salt, and garlic salt in it until well-blended.
2) Form the mixture into 12 balls.
3) In a kettle or Dutch oven, melt butter or margarine and stir in onions and mushrooms.
4) Add in sugar and sauté the vegetables quickly until browned.
5) Transfer the sautéed vegetables to a shallow pan using a slotted spoon.
6) In the same kettle, brown meat balls in drippings and add to vegetables.
7) Mix flour and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt with drippings in kettle.
8) Pour in beef broth until smooth and then stir in wine and carrot.
9) Cook the mixture, stirring constantly, to boiling.
10) Add in bay leaf, onions, mushrooms, and meat balls, stirring well and then simmer the mixture, covered for 35 minutes.
11) Take off the bay leaf and then transfer the mixture to a heated serving dish.
12) Garnish with chopped parsley, if desired and serve hot.