Provencal Pan Bagna
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Dry white wine||1 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
|Tuna steak||8 Ounce (1 1/2 Inches Thick)|
|French bread rolls/1 long baguette||4 (5 Inches Long)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Red onion||4 (Thin Slices)|
|Haricot verts||2 Ounce, trimmed and blanched|
|Tomatoes slices||4 Large, roasted|
|Red bell pepper||To Taste, halved lengthwise and roasted|
|Flat-leaf parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a small ramekin, trim and place the garlic head, then drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and white wine. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, cover with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour, until softened. Allow to cool to room temperature.
3) Sprinkle the tuna evenly with black pepper.
4) In a non - stick skillet, sear the tuna in 2 tablespoons olive oil on a medium-high heat for about 3 minutes per side. Remove, allow to cool and cut into 8 thin slices crosswise.
5) Cut 1/3 top of the rolls or baguette lengthwise and hollow out the centers. Brush with the extra virgin olive oil on the inner surface.
6) Squeeze out the roasted garlic from the skins and spread over the bottom of the rolls.
7) Lay 2 slices of tuna on the bottom of each roll, place the onion and then arrange the haricots verts length-wise and top a tomato slice.
8) Halve the pepper halves and place a piece over each tomato slice. Press dowm the assembled ingredients and sprinkle evenly with black pepper and parsley. Place the tops of the rolls and press down again.
9) Wrap each sandwich tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours before serving.
10) Remove 30 minutes before serving time and serve on individual serving plates.