French Cheese Sandwiches
|Cheese||4 Ounce, cut in thin slices|
|Mustard/Chutney||1 Teaspoon (Leveled) (Use A Little)|
|Salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Butter/Margarine||3 Ounce (For Frying)|
|Watercress||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (To Garnish:)|
1) Prepare 4 sandwiches, with the use of bread, cheese and mustard or chutney.
2) Press firmly and trim off the crusted sides.
3) In a bowl, whisk eggs, milk and salt lightly together.
4) Use a shallow pie plate or bowl to pour the mixture.
5) In a frying pan, heat the butter or margarine until hot.
6) Dip each sandwich into the egg mixture for both the sides, allowing the bread to soak up the liquid. Drain the liquid mixture.
7) Place the sandwich on hot fat and brown on both sides.
8) Cut in halves and garnish with a sprig of watercress. Serve with sweet pickles or chutney.
Calories 1190 Calories from Fat 595
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 68 g104.1%
Saturated Fat 38.2 g191%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 368.5 mg122.8%
Sodium 1765.9 mg73.6%
Total Carbohydrates 105 g35%
Dietary Fiber 5.6 g22.6%
Sugars 5.6 g
Protein 41 g81.6%
Vitamin A 41.5% Vitamin C 3.2%
Calcium 68.2% Iron 40.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet