Little Tartlets Filled With A Brie Cheese Souffle
|Brie cheese||1⁄2 Pound (225 Gram)|
|Cream cheese||1⁄2 Pound (225 Gram)|
|Sea salt||To Taste|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Freshly ground nutmeg||To Taste|
|Raw cane sugar||2 Teaspoon|
|Puff pastry||1 Pound (450 Gram)|
1. On a cutting board, use a sharp knife to cut off the rind of the Brie as thinly as possible
2. Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C (Gas Mark 6)
3. Use a mortar and pestle, to pound the cheese to a smooth paste with the cream cheese
4. Season to taste with the salt, pepper, nutmeg and sugar
5. Blend the cornflour into the cheese
6. Add the egg yolks to the mixture to make an evenly mixed smooth cream.
7. Whisk the egg whites until they hold firm peaks and then fold gradually into the cheese mixture.
8. Roll out the pastry and use it to line 24 little tartlet moulds.
9. Prick the base of each pastry case
10. Fill with the soufflé mixture to two-thirds full.
11. Bake in a preheated oven at 400°F/200°C (Gas Mark 6) for 20 minutes.
12. Serve immediately.