Baked Brie With Cranberry Chutney
|Cranberries||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Use Fresh Or Dried)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cider vinegar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Water/Orange juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Orange juice/Water||2 Tablespoon|
|Minced crystallized ginger||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Brie cheese round||8 Ounce|
|Toasted sliced almonds||1 Tablespoon|
|Sliced toasted almonds||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°.
2. In slow cooker cook together cranberries, brown sugar, vinegar, water or juice, ginger, cinnamon, and cloves with cover on Low for 4 hours.
3. Check for thickening consistency by stirring once near the end of the cooker.
4. If not thickened, remove top, turn heat to High and cook for 30 minutes without lid.
5. In a covered container put cranberry chutney and chill for up to 2 weeks.
6. To serve, bring to room temperature.
7. Using vegetable oil brush ovenproof plate, place unpeeled Brie on plate and bake uncovered in the preheated oven for 9 minutes, such that the cheese is soft and partially melted.
8. Remove from oven and top with at least half the chutney and garnish with almonds.
9. Serve with crackers.
Calories 292 Calories from Fat 138
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24%
Saturated Fat 7.4 g36.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 37.8 mg12.6%
Sodium 302.7 mg12.6%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6.1%
Sugars 19.6 g
Protein 10 g19.6%
Vitamin A 4.9% Vitamin C 8.4%
Calcium 8.6% Iron 4.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet