Chef Jessica: Sunshine Crepes
|For the crepes|
|Quick oats||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Kosher salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Double acting baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Confectioners sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Skim milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Orange zest||1 Teaspoon, finely grated|
|Canola oil||2 Tablespoon (or cooking spray)|
|For the filling|
|Fresh strawberries||2 Cup (32 tbs), sliced|
|Orange zest||1 Tablespoon, finely grated|
|Low fat vanilla yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In a blender put the oats. Blend till fine. Add flour, salt, baking powder, sugar and continue to blend. Put the eggs, milk and orange zest and blend till it forms a smooth batter.
2. In a small bowl mix yogurt, berries and zest. Set aside.
3. Heat a non stick frying pan on medium heat. Grease it with oil.
4. Pour about 1/4 cup of the batter. Swirl the pan slowly to coat the pan evenly. Let it cook till bubbles appear on the top and batter appears to dry. Flip it gently and cook the either side for a few more seconds.
5. Transfer into a plate. Repeat this till all the batter is over.
6. In a serving plate, place the crepe. Put a scoop of the yogurt berry mixture on it. Roll it and place it seam side down. Garnish with powdered sugar, whipped cream and fresh berries and serve.
The prepared crepes can be stored for around 2 days in the refrigerator.
Calories 134 Calories from Fat 44
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.7%
Saturated Fat 0.87 g4.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 44.1 mg14.7%
Sodium 176.5 mg7.4%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.7%
Sugars 7.5 g
Protein 5 g10.1%
Vitamin A 1.5% Vitamin C 39.6%
Calcium 12.5% Iron 4.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet