|Cake flour||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs), sifted|
|Double acting baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Greased and lightly flour a 13x9x2 inch cake tin.
3. Sift together cake flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
4. Whip cream until thick.
5. Add sifted dry ingredients, egg whites and vanilla.
6. Beat for 2 minutes in an electric mixer or 300 strokes by
7. Pour into pan.
8. Bake for 35 to 50 minutes.
9. Cool 10 to 15 minutes; turn out on a cake rack.
10. Cool thoroughly.
11. Cut with fancy cutters or a sharp knife into small squares,
diamonds or any desired shape.
12. Frost with petit fours frosting.
13. Decorate with ornamental frosting.
Once the frosting has set, serve with a steaming cup of tea.