Tasty French Toast - Part 1: Preparing
|Silken tofu||12 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Turmeric||1⁄8 Teaspoon (For Color)|
|Whole wheat bread slice||8|
|Whole wheat bread slices||8|
|Concentrated apple juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cold water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fruits||4 Cup (64 tbs) (Fresh / Frozen)|
1. Put the tofu into blender, along with honey, turmeric (if you use)and water to blend. Check the consistency to be not too thick and not too thin.
2. Take a plate to pour the mixture.
3. Place pan or griddle over the stovetop in medium heat and slightly spray with oil spray. You can use Canola oil spray, if you like.
4. Dip both sides of the bread into the tofu mixture and put on the hot pan.
5. When the bottom part has nicely turned brown, flip the bread to do the other part.
1. Take a large bowl to put the frozen fruits. If you are using fresh fruits then cut them into small pieces.
2. Heat the concentrated apple juice in a medium saucepan until it starts to boil.
3. In a separate bowl put the cornstarch into water and mix it well.
4. Slowly pour the liquid cornstarch over the boiling apple juice and keep on stirring the juice until it thickens and changes color.
5. If you are using the frozen fruits then add them into this immediately, otherwise wait till the thick apple juice comes to room temperature. Mix properly to evenly coat all the fruits.
6. Serve the french toasts with this fruit topping.
You can prepare the batter of tofu ahead of time and store inside the fridge. Even the leftover French toasts can be kept in the fridge for later consumption.
Calories 1154 Calories from Fat 123
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.1%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g12.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1254.5 mg52.3%
Total Carbohydrates 223 g74.3%
Dietary Fiber 12.1 g48.5%
Sugars 93.1 g
Protein 36 g72.5%
Vitamin A 16.5% Vitamin C 289.9%
Calcium 44.6% Iron 60.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet