|Gelatin||1⁄2 Ounce (1 Tablespoon)|
|Cold water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sweet sherry||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Eggs||6 , separated|
|Castor sugar||6 Ounce (3/4 Cup)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon (Use A Scant Tablespoon)|
|Sweet sherry||2 Fluid Ounce (Extra)|
|Cream||1 Ounce (Extra For Decorating)|
1. Slice 6-inches wide and long enough portion of aluminum foil or greaseproof paper to fit around a 1 pint souffle dish.
2. Fold the strip in double strip 3-inches wide.
3. Take 1 pint souffle dish and tie the strip around in a way to stands like a collar above the edge.
4. Add gelatine in water and let it soften for 5 minutes. Put over boiling water to dissolve the gelatine.
5. Remove from heat and stir in sherry.
6. Place in the chiller for 30 minutes or till the mixture turns thick.
7. In a bowl, beat egg yolks until frothy. Add 1/4 cup sugar and beat forcefully to get a thick mixture of lemon color.
8. Whisk egg whites to make foamy and also whisk the remaining sugar.
9. Add lemon juice and beat to make stiff but not dry.
10. Add slightly thickened sherry mixture to egg yolks. Mix well.
11. Whip cream and fold in the mixture.
12. Lastly add egg whites thoroughly.
13. Take a soufflé dish and line with savoy fingers. Pour half mixture in it.
14. Slice 4-6 savoy fingers into halves crosswise to fit across dish. Top with extra sherry.
15. Stir in the remaining mixture on top. Chill overnight if possible.
16. Remove paper collar from dish just before serving and add the whipped cream. Serve immediately.