Scallops Au Gratin
|Flour||1 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
|Grated cheddar cheese||3 Ounce|
|Fresh white breadcrumbs||1 Ounce (1 Heaped Tablespoon)|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon (To Garnish:)|
1) Open the scallops and remove beard from fish. Use shell to use as serving dish.
2) Clean and wash. Cut scallops into 6 or 8 pieces.
3) Preheat moderate oven (355°F. - Gas Mark 4)
4) In a saucepan put scallops, milk, lemon slices and seasoning. Boil and lower heat. Let it poach for 15-20 minutes
5) Drain the liquid and keep aside. Remove the lemon slices.
6) In a saucepan melt 1 oz. of the butter over low heat.
7) Mix flour and cook gently for 1 minute, gently add cooking liquor and stir.
8) Boil the mixture, check seasoning. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
9) Mix in cooked scallops and 2 oz. of the cheese.
10) Heat thoroughly. Mix the mixture into scallop shells.
11) Melt butter on low heat, take off from heat and add breadcrumbs with a fork.
12) Add cheese.
13) Sprinkle mixture over scallops.
14) Put on baking tray and bake for 15 minutes till brown.
15) Serve with chopped parsley on top.