Scallops Au Gratin
|Flour||1 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
|Grated cheddar cheese||3 Ounce|
|Fresh white breadcrumbs||1 Ounce (1 Heaped Tablespoon)|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon (To Garnish:)|
1) Open the scallops and remove beard from fish. Use shell to use as serving dish.
2) Clean and wash. Cut scallops into 6 or 8 pieces.
3) Preheat moderate oven (355°F. - Gas Mark 4)
4) In a saucepan put scallops, milk, lemon slices and seasoning. Boil and lower heat. Let it poach for 15-20 minutes
5) Drain the liquid and keep aside. Remove the lemon slices.
6) In a saucepan melt 1 oz. of the butter over low heat.
7) Mix flour and cook gently for 1 minute, gently add cooking liquor and stir.
8) Boil the mixture, check seasoning. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
9) Mix in cooked scallops and 2 oz. of the cheese.
10) Heat thoroughly. Mix the mixture into scallop shells.
11) Melt butter on low heat, take off from heat and add breadcrumbs with a fork.
12) Add cheese.
13) Sprinkle mixture over scallops.
14) Put on baking tray and bake for 15 minutes till brown.
15) Serve with chopped parsley on top.
Calories 520 Calories from Fat 356
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g61.9%
Saturated Fat 25.3 g126.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 128.5 mg42.8%
Sodium 680.4 mg28.4%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g5.9%
Sugars 5 g
Protein 21 g42.5%
Vitamin A 53.7% Vitamin C 48.6%
Calcium 46% Iron 10.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet