Braised Short Ribs Burgundy
|Beef short ribs||3 Pound (6 Large Ribs)|
|Burgundy/Other red wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Red wine vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Medium, sliced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), sliced|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 , sliced|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Bay leaves||3 Small, crushed|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Powdered ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Bouillon||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In a large casserole, bowl or baking pan, place the short ribs
2. Add the burgundy, red wine vinegar, onion, garlic, pepper, parsley, mustard and bay leaves.
3. Cover the casserole and marinate the meat for several hours or overnight.
4. Turn meat over during the marinating time to distribute the flavor evenly.
5. Lift meat from marinade and drain well
6. Strain the marinade and reserve it. Discard the seasonings
7. In a large pan, heat the oil
8. Add the ribs and then fry them on high
9. Drain off the excess fat and discard
10. Pour the strained marinade and bouillon over the meat
11. Cover and simmer slowly or till the meat is tender or for 1-1/2 hours
12. Remove meat and set aside to cool
13. Skim the fat from the pan drippings
14. Thicken the gravy with cornstarch (mixed with cold water) if required
15. Add 2 tablespoons of tomato paste to the sauce to increase flavoring.
16. Add a little meat coloring if required to the meat
17. Serve hot immediately