French Fried Cabbage
|White cabbage||1⁄2 Medium|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
1) Remove and throw away any dark or damaged outer leaves and wash the cabbage. Cut out the hard central stalk and finely shred the cabbage.
2) In the milk, dip a few cabbage shreds at a time. On a sheet of waxed paper, toss the shreds in flour.
3) In a deep-fryer, heat the oil till it hits the temperature of 375 degrees and then put a few prepared cabbage shreds into the frying basket. Deep fry for about 2 minutes, till the shreds are crisp and golden.
4) Drain the cabbage on paper towels. Keep hot till all the shreds have been cooked.
5) Serve hot after sprinkling cooked cabbage with salt.