Jambon Au Meursault
|Cooked ham/Gammon||1 Pound, sliced (450 Grams)|
|Butter||1 Ounce (25 Grams)|
|Plain flour||1 Ounce (25 Grams)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Dry white wine||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Tomato puree||1 Tablespoon|
|White pepper||To Taste|
|Grated parmesan cheese||3 Tablespoon|
1. Arrange the ham or gammon slices in an ovenproof dish.
2. Melt the butter in a pan, add the flour and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring. Add the milk and bring to the boil, stirring all the time.
3. Add the wine and bring to the boil again, still stirring. Cook for 1-2 minutes, then stir in the tomato puree, salt and pepper.
4. Pour the sauce over the ham and sprinkle the cheese over the top.
5. Place in a preheated oven and cook for about 20 minutes until hot and browned on the top.
6. Serve with jacket potatoes, if liked.
Calories 639 Calories from Fat 358
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g61.6%
Saturated Fat 18 g90.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 179.6 mg59.9%
Sodium 469.8 mg19.6%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4%
Dietary Fiber 0.41 g1.6%
Sugars 2.9 g
Protein 48 g96.8%
Vitamin A 7.7% Vitamin C 1.8%
Calcium 24.1% Iron 10.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet