Jambon Au Meursault
|Cooked ham/Gammon||1 Pound, sliced (450 Grams)|
|Butter||1 Ounce (25 Grams)|
|Plain flour||1 Ounce (25 Grams)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Dry white wine||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Tomato puree||1 Tablespoon|
|White pepper||To Taste|
|Grated parmesan cheese||3 Tablespoon|
1. Arrange the ham or gammon slices in an ovenproof dish.
2. Melt the butter in a pan, add the flour and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring. Add the milk and bring to the boil, stirring all the time.
3. Add the wine and bring to the boil again, still stirring. Cook for 1-2 minutes, then stir in the tomato puree, salt and pepper.
4. Pour the sauce over the ham and sprinkle the cheese over the top.
5. Place in a preheated oven and cook for about 20 minutes until hot and browned on the top.
6. Serve with jacket potatoes, if liked.