Easy French Onion Soup
|Onions||7 Medium, halved lengthwise|
|Condensed beef broth||31 1⁄2 Ounce (3 Cans,10 1/2 Ounce Each)|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Red wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Full Bodied)|
1) Melt the butter in a 4-quart pot placed over medium heat.
2) In the bowl, position the disc with the slicing side up and slice the onions.
3) Once the onions reach the bowl’s Fill level, empty them into the pot.
4) Saute till they are tender and then add the beef broth, water and peppercorns.
5) Bring the mixture to a boil and reduce the heat. Cover and gently simmer for about 10 minutes.
6) Add the wine and stir well.
7) Serve hot.