Terrine De Campagne
|Bacon slices||3⁄4 Pound|
|Calfs liver||3⁄4 Pound|
|Ground veal||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Tomato puree||1 Tablespoon|
|Summer savory/Sage||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dry red wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
2. Cut the bacon by stretching it over the flat blade of knife.
3. Take a 5-cup terrine or soufflé dish and line it with bacon. Let its ends hang over the edges.
4. Clean the liver, get rid of any tough tissue and pass the meat through the coarse disk of the meat grinder.
5. Peel and chop the onions very finely.
6. Combine it with onion, veal, and liver in a large bowl.
7. Peel and crush the garlic over the meat.
8. Add savory, tomato puree and oregano and stir it well.
9. Take a skillet and soften the butter in it and add terrine mixture and stir it well. Combine it with wine enough to deliver it moist texture. Don’t wet it overly.
10. Sprinkle freshly ground pepper and salt for seasoning.
11. Add the mixture to the dish on the top of bacon.
12. Top it with bay leaves and wrap over the ends of the bacon.
13. Use tight-fitting foil to wrap the dish or use a lid to cover the dish.
14. Cook the terrine for about 2 hours at oven preheated to 350°F by placing it in the center of the middle shelf of the oven.
15. Once cooked remover the cover of the dish and wrap fresh foil around it along with a flat board that will simply fit into the terrain.
16. Top the board with a heavy wait and allow the dish to cool.
17. Chill the dish which is weighed down by board.
18. Serve the dish straight with the terrine or remove them to serving dish and cut into wedges before serving them. Accompany it with tossed green salad and crusty bread.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3150 Calories from Fat 1786
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 199 g305.7%
Saturated Fat 96.1 g480.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2034 mg678%
Sodium 2934.3 mg122.3%
Total Carbohydrates 68 g22.6%
Dietary Fiber 10.2 g40.7%
Sugars 15.6 g
Protein 234 g468.4%
Vitamin A 2703.7% Vitamin C 55.7%
Calcium 40.6% Iron 185.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet