|Butter/Margarine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Shelled peas||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1) In a large skillet, place 1 tablespoon butter.
2) Rinse the lettuce leaves and spread nicely over the butter.
3) Place the peas and rest of the butter, then cover with some more lettuce leaves.
4) Cover the skillet with a tight lid and cook over a high heat until the butter is heated and bubbly.
5) Reduce the heat and gently steam for about 15 minutes until the peas are just tender.
6) Discard the lettuce and sprinkle the peas with the salt and pepper to taste.
7) Serve immediately in a nice plate.