1. Chop off the top part of the artichokes. With a kitchen shears slip off the points of each and every leaf to give a restaurant style presentation and cut off the stem at about an inch from the base.
2. To the boiling water, add salt and the juice of one lemon along with the lemon halves. Add the artichokes to the water.
4. Place something heavy like a plate on top while it simmers for about 35 minutes.
5. In another pot add shallots, lemon juice and white wine. Bring to a boil until it reduces to about 2 tablespoons of liquid.
6. Add heavy cream, salt and pepper. Add butter cubes (remain 4 cubes) and slowly whisk together.
7. Take the pot completely off the heat and whisk in the remaining 4 butter cubes. This will ensure that the sauce will stay creamy, and the butter won’t break into a greasy mess.
7. Place the properly boiled artichokes on plate and serve with Lemon Beurre Blanc.
Artichokes are easy to cook or use in recipes and common in French cuisine. Here is a recipe to make Boiled Artichokes and serve them with Lemon Beurre Blanc - a classic French dressing made with lemon and heavy cream. Good with fish and meats!
Calories 1077 Calories from Fat 935
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 106 g163.6%
Saturated Fat 67.1 g335.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 296.7 mg98.9%
Sodium 2307.8 mg96.2%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g9.1%
Dietary Fiber 9.3 g37.3%
Sugars 2.7 g
Protein 8 g15.3%
Vitamin A 74.6%
Vitamin C 92.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Boiled Artichokes With Lemon Beurre Blanc Recipe Video