|Fresh asparagus||7 Pound|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Salt||2 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||4 , separated|
1) Cut the asparagus into 1/4-inch pieces.
2) In a pot, boil 1 cup water.
3) Add in the asparagus and simmer.
4) Drain, keeping aside 1/2 cup of the liquid for later use.
5) In another pot, heat butter and stir in the flour.
6) Combine the milk and reserved asparagus liquid.
7) Slowly add into the flour mix.
8) Cook while stir till the sauce is thickened.
9) Add in the seasonings and take off from the heat.
10) Beat in the egg yolks till thick.
11) Add in a small amount of sauce to the egg yolks and stir well.
12) Add the egg yolks into the mix in the pot and continue heating.
13) Gently cook while stirring and mix with the asparagus.
14) Beat the egg whites to stiff peaks.
15) Fold the egg whites into the asparagus mixture.
16) Transfer into a buttered casserole and place in a pan with water.
17) Place in the oven at 350 degrees and bake for 1 hour, till done.
18) Sprinkle with pepper and serve.