Chicken In A Pot
|Carrots||1⁄2 Pound, peeled|
|Onions||1⁄2 Pound, skinned|
|Streaky bacon||3⁄4 Pound, diced|
|Lemon rind||1 Tablespoon, pared|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), skinned|
|Frozen chicken||4 Pound, thawed|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Jerusalem artichokes||1 Pound|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
1) Arrange a flameproof casserole larger than the chicken.
2) In the casserole, melt the butter.
3) Add to the dish, carrots, onion and bacon.
4) Saute them for 10 minutes.
5) Transfer vegetables on side of the casserole.
6) In the centre of the casserole, place the chicken surrounded by sauteed veggies.
7) Season everything with salt and pepper.
8) Cover the casserole and in oven cook at 300 degrees F for 2 hours.
9) Just before the finishing off with cooking, peel the artichockes and place them in salted water to avoid discoloration.
10) Drain then and chop them.
11) In the casserole, add the artichokes amongst the veggies.
12) Return chicken to oven and cook for extra 30 minutes.
13) On a serving dish, place the chicken in the cetre.
14) Spoon the vegetables aound the chicken and discard rind and garlic.
15) Remove the excess fat from the chicken juices and boil juice.
16) While serving spoon the boiled juices over chicken and garnish with parsley.