|Butter||1 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Egg||1 Teaspoon (Leveled), beaten|
|White breadcrumbs/Wheat germ||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Frying)|
|Parsley||1 Teaspoon (Leveled), chopped|
1) In a saucepan, melt butter and flour together.
2) Pour in milk and stir.
3) Place over heat to boil for thick consistency. Set aside to cool.
4) Use a wire sieve to press cheese, by removing most of the rind.
5) Fold in egg yolk and cheese to the milk mixture, and beat in to prepare a stiff paste.
6) Use a plate to spread the mixture and cool.
7) Use a floured board to make walnut-sized pieces from the mixture.
8) Brush with egg and place inside a bag with crumbs.
9) Gently shake to coat with crumb.
10) In a skillet, heat up oil to fry the balls until brown on all sides.
11) Transfer on paper to soak the extra oil.
12) Serve hot by garnishing with parsley.
Calories 1334 Calories from Fat 1210
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 137 g210.7%
Saturated Fat 28.4 g142.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 108.9 mg36.3%
Sodium 560.2 mg23.3%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.58 g2.3%
Sugars 3.9 g
Protein 13 g26.2%
Vitamin A 15.9% Vitamin C 1.7%
Calcium 26% Iron 6.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet