|Pastry||1 (For One-Crust Nine-Inch Pie)|
|Onion||1 , thinly sliced|
|Gruyere cheese/Swiss cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), cubed|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated|
|Eggs||4 , lightly beaten|
|Heavy cream/1 cup each milk and cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|White pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 450° F.
2) In a 9 inch pie plate, line the pastry and bake for 5 minutes.
3) In a skillet, saute the bacon until crisp, then remove the bacon and drain off the fat, retaining 1 tablespoon fat in the skillet.
4) Saute the onion in the 1 tablespoon skillet fat until transparent.
5) Crumble and evenly spread the bacon, onion and cheeses inside the partially baked pastry shell.
6) Mix the nutmeg, eggs, cream, salt and pepper, then strain the mixture over the onion-cheese mixture.
7) Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
8) Lower the oven temperature to 350° F and bake for further 10 minutes.
9) Slice and serve immediately as an appetizer or main course.