French Cherry Dessert
|Corn flakes/1/2 cup packaged corn flake crumbs||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Confectioners sugar||3 Tablespoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sifted flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||2 , well-beaten|
|Maraschino cherries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), halved and drained|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla flavoring||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped nutmeats||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flaked coconut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to 350° F.
2) Crush the corn flakes into fine crumbs, if using.
3) In a mixing bowl, add confectioners' sugar, flour and corn flake crumbs.
4) Add butter to cut in until the mixture resembles coarse corn meal.
5) Use an 8 x 8-inch baking pan to press the mixture on bottom.
6) Place inside oven to bake for 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
7) In a bowl, add flour, baking powder and salt to sift together.
8) In a bowl, combine eggs, sugar and vanilla to blend.
9) Stir in sifted dry mixture and fold in nutmeats, coconut and cherries.
10) Spread the mixture over baked crust.
11) Bake inside the oven for about 45 minutes or until done.
12) Serve the dessert after it gets cooled.