24 Hour French Toast With A Twist Of Lemon
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Melted butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Icing sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
2) Use a 9" x 13" (4 L) baking dish to butter.
3) Layer the bottom with 6 slices bread.
4) Arrange a layer of ham over the bread.
5) Layer with 6 more slices of bread.
6) In a mixing bowl, to beat eggs, milk, sugar and salt.
7) Pour the mixture over bread.
8) Cover with foil and place inside refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
9) Take off the cover from baking dish.
10) Drizzle butter over mixture and sprinkle with cinnamon.
11) Place inside oven to bake for 45 to 50 minutes until lightly browned and puffed.
12) Allow to stand the cake for a few minutes before cutting.
13) Serve with a dusting of icing sugar and a sprinkle of lemon juice. Garnish with lemon twists.