Mixed Vegetable Lobster Souffle
|Lobster||2 1⁄2 Pound (1 Whole)|
|Celery stalks||2 , finely chopped|
|Onions||2 , finely chopped|
|Carrots||2 , finely chopped|
|Brandy||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|White wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Light cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Egg yolks||3 , well beaten|
1) Preheat very hot oven (450 °F.).
2) With a knife tear lobster. Take out liver, intestines, and coral, if any.
3) Season to taste with salt, pepper, and paprika.
4) Place a heavy skillet over heat and melt 5 tablespoons butter. Add chopped vegetables and fry.
5) Add lobster halves on top and cook till red.
6) Pour brandy gently over lobster and blaze.
7) Pour wine and cook for 15 minutes.
8) Take off lobster from pan. Cool and remove meat from body and claws. Cut into small pieces and put back into the shells.
9) In the reserved broth add liver, coral, intestines, and 1/2 cup cream.
10) Heat thoroughly and fine sieve in an electric blender.
11) Place lobster meat in the shells. Arrange in a 2-quart dish.
12) Pour half quantity of sauce over lobster.
13) Prepare a rich cream sauce adding 2 tablespoons butter, the flour, and 1/2 cup cream in a bowl.
14) When cooled add egg yolks.
15) Add seasoning to taste.
16) Beat egg whites until stiff and mix into the cream sauce.
17) Spoon the mixture on top of the two lobster halves.
18) Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes till brown.
19) Serve with lobster sauce.