Steak Au Poivre
|Fillet steaks/Club / rib steaks||4|
|Whole black peppercorns||2 Tablespoon|
|Unsalted butter||4 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Use a mortar and crush peppercorn coarsely.
2) Press the crushed peppercorn on the side of the meat.
3) Take a skillet, heat butter, and saute the steaks over high heat for 2 minutes ensuring to turn them once during the course of cooking.
4) Lower heat and cook the steak for 5 minutes for rare steaks, 8-10 minutes for medium-rare, and 12 minutes for well-done.
5) When done, remove steaks from pan and add brandy to the pan.
6) Shake the pan until the flame die down and the stir in cream into the pan juices.
7) Sprinkle salt and pepper in the sauce and pour over the steak.
8) Serve with freshly cooked broccoli, potato croquettes , or a green salad.