|Roasting chicken||5 Pound, cut into serving pieces|
|Coarsely chopped onion||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Tomato||1 Medium, chopped|
|Paprika||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Grated onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Grated carrot||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Matzo meal||2 Tablespoon|
|Sour salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Wash chicken; pat dry with paper towels. (Use all parts of chicken except liver, heart and gizzard.)
2. Remove skin from all pieces of chicken except wings; set breast meat aside. Cut remaining pieces of chicken into smaller pieces.
3. In 5-quart Dutch oven, over medium heat, brown chicken pieces (except breast meat), turning often, along with the chopped onion, tomato, paprika, salt and pepper—about 20 minutes. Cover; cook 20 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, remove bones from chicken breasts; chop finely.
5. In medium bowl, combine chopped chicken breast, grated onion, grated carrot, eggs and matzo meal. Shape into 1-inch balls.
6. Add to chicken mixture in Dutch oven, along with sour salt and sugar. Add water (about 1/2 cup) if needed.
7. Bring to boiling; simmer, covered, 1 hour.
8. Serve chicken balls with chicken-sauce mixture in pan.