French Apple Dessert
|Crisp apples||4 Large|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Tablespoon (Juice From 1/2 Lemon)|
|Unsalted butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Remove the skin of apple, core and pare it into ½ inch thick wedges. Spray lemon juice over it.
3. Take a 12X8 inch shallow baking dish and spread half of the softened butter over it. Tilt the dish so that butter gets coated to bottom and sides.
4. Mix cinnamon and sugar and blend it with apples by tossing it.
5. Arrange apples such that they overlap the wedges in baking dish. Top with the remaining butter.
6. Bake at 400° for about half an hour.
7. Spoon the cream over apples.
8. Bake the mixture for additional five minutes by increasing the temperature to 475°F.
9. Serve the cake warm.