French Toast Bagels with Ginger Syrup
|Sugar free pancake syrup||14 Cup (224 tbs)|
|Grated peeled ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Low carb whole milk dairy beverage/1/2 cup water mixed with 1/2 cup heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar substitute||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground cardamom||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Low carb plain bagels||4 , cut in half|
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon, divided|
|Sour cream||2 Tablespoon|
1. Combine syrup and ginger in a small saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat. Remove from the heat and keep warm.
2. Lightly beat eggs in a shallow bowl; whisk in dairy beverage, sugar substitute, cardamom, and nutmeg until combined.
3. Pierce bagel crusts in several places with a knife or fork to help absorb the egg mixture. Soak 4 bagel halves in egg mixture for 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Heat a large nonstick skillet or well-seasoned griddle over medium-low heat. Melt 1 tablespoon butter. Add bagels and cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side. Repeat with remaining butter and bagel halves.
5. Serve with sour cream and ginger syrup.