Poulet En Cocotte
|Sausage meat||4 Ounce|
|Fresh white breadcrumbs||2 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
|Chicken liver||1 , chopped|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
|Frozen chicken||3 1⁄2 Pound, thawed|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Butter||2 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Plain lean back bacon||8 Ounce (In One Slice)|
|Potatoes||1 Pound, peeled|
|Shallots||6 Ounce, skinned|
|Carrots||1 Pound, scraped|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
1) In a bowl, combine all the ingredients for stuffing until mixed well.
2) Stuff the chicken with filling till the neck end.
3) Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper.
4) Remove the bacon rind and cut it into 3/4 inch cubes.
5) Cut 1 inch dices out of potato.
6) In a alrge frying pan, melt the butter.
7) Fry the chicekn until golden brown from all sides.
8) In a alrge casserole, transfer the chicken with butter.
9) In the casserole, add bacon.
10) Cover the casserole and in oven cook at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes.
11) Remove casserole from the oven and baste the chicken.
12) Place the potato along with shallots and carrot around the chicken coating them in fat.
13) Season everything with salt and pepper.
14) Cover the casserole and place again in oven and cook for extra 1 1/2 hours.
15) Garnish the chicken with parsley.
16) Carve the chicken and spoon some vegetables and juices in serving plates.