Lamb and Bean Ragout
|Dried white beans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Boneless lamb shoulder||2 Pound, cut into cubes|
|Bacon fat/Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onions||2 , sliced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Canned tomatoes||20 Ounce (1 Can, 2 1/4 Cups)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Herb seasoning||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lamb broth/Chicken broth||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to 350°F before baking.
2) Cover beans with water after washing well and bring to a boil.
3) Simmer for 2 minutes and leave aside for 1 hour.
4) Cook the beans again until tender.
5) Heat fat and brown lamb in it.
6) Stir in onions and garlic and cook for a few minutes.
7) Add in drained beans and rest of ingredients except flour.
8) Bake, covered for 2 hours in the preheated oven.
9) Blend flour with 1/4 cup cold water and mix in with the broth to thicken it.
10) Pour the broth into lamb mixture and bake again for 15 minutes.
11) Serve hot.
Calories 1002 Calories from Fat 555
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 61 g94.3%
Saturated Fat 26 g129.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 173.2 mg57.7%
Sodium 1580.7 mg65.9%
Total Carbohydrates 58 g19.4%
Dietary Fiber 13.4 g53.6%
Sugars 4.2 g
Protein 55 g109.9%
Vitamin A 26.7% Vitamin C 32.8%
Calcium 22.4% Iron 64.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet