|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Chocolate square||1 1⁄2 , melted|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Hot water||2 Tablespoon|
|Egg yolks||3 , beaten|
|Egg whites||3 , beaten|
1. Collect and measure all the required ingredients
2. Butter a baking dish or a pudding mold.
3. Preheat the oven to 350° F
4. In a small saucepan, combine the butter and flour and beat with a wooden spoon or plastic spatula to blend well.
5. Gradually add the milk, stirring to blend with the butter-flour mixture.
6. Place pan over a medium low flame and cook the sauce, stirring constantly until thick and bubbly.
7. Take pan off the heat and blend in the melted chocolate, sugar and hot water, stirring until the sugar dissolves.
8. Add the beaten yolks to the mixture, whisking until incorporated into a smooth thick mixture. Allow the mixture to cool slightly.
9. When the mixture is slightly cooled, fold in the egg whites.
10. Pour the mixture into a buttered pudding mold
11. Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes until set.
12. Remove pudding from the oven and allow it to cool slightly.
13. Serve the pudding hot
14. This pudding tastes wonderful when served with a butter sauce or custard.
Calories 219 Calories from Fat 94
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.2%
Saturated Fat 5.7 g28.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 159.2 mg53.1%
Sodium 59.9 mg2.5%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.2 g0.81%
Sugars 19.2 g
Protein 6 g12.7%
Vitamin A 7.9% Vitamin C
Calcium 6.7% Iron 3.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet