Summer Vegetable Ragout
|Olive oil||8 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), crushed|
|Carrots||4 , cut into batons|
|White wine||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
|Frozen petit pois||2 1⁄4 Pound (1 Kilogram Bags)|
|Spring onions||3 Bunch (300 gm), sliced|
|Artichoke hearts||560 Gram, drained (Two 280 Gram Jars)|
1. Over the tomatoes pour boiling water, leave for 2 minutes, then drain and peel off the skins.
2. Quartering the tomatoes, scoop out the seeds and chop into small cubes.
3. In a pan, heat the oil and add the garlic and carrots, then gently fry for 5 minutes.
4. Put in the tomatoes, thyme, bay and wine.
5. Let it cook, uncovered, until the wine is reduced for around 5 minutes.
6. Put in the peas, onions and artichokes, cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes.
7. Dish out into deep dish plates and serve with crusty bread.